The Student Council is comprised of the two School Captains and four House Captains.
In addition to this, a group of five students from Grades 7 to 11 are elected to form the Executive and take on positions of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Publicity Officer. Although only one President will be elected, depending on the Executive group for that particular year, any of the other positions may be filled by two people, e.g. 2 Vice Presidents.
The function of the Student Council is:
- to serve as a vehicle by which students can discuss and present issues to the School Administration
- to organise events which serve as social activities and raise money
- to decide which charities (local and overseas) will receive monies raised
- to organise special events (e.g. Winter Ball), which will be subsidised by monies raised
- to host school assemblies
- to disseminate Student Council information via school advertisement and the School website
Student involvement in leadership is encouraged and the school provides many avenues for this, including whole school leadership positions, such as School Captain, Sports Captain, Arts Captain, Service Captain and House Captains; through the after-school and ACAMIS, cultural, Model United Nations (MUN) and sporting programmes.